In 1894, following the Jesuit Fathers’ concern for education for boys, the Dominican felt inclined to assist in the education of girls. In 1898 saw the beginning of the establishment of a Dominican Sisters’ convent and School for Girls.1899 marked the beginning of the first academic year where students were taught reading and writing arithmetic, English and some practical work. In 1915, the girls got a new school building to replace a thatched shed. By this time, the attendance was 150 girls and by 1917 it had risen to 200 girls. However, in 1967 Chishawasha Girls’ Secondary School was established, headed by Fr. Cogger, with an enrolment of 65 girls and 3 teacher
St Dominics Chishawasha | -1 Reviewers | | Rating: 0